A word of thanx...
Life is unpredictable. There are days when life springs surprises on us and things begin to happen to us one by one in a series of unexpected events.
It’s not only difficult but unimaginable to forget 1st of June 2005, Distributed computing exam (final semester of my fourth year engineering), wherein I fell down unconscious just after 50 minutes I started writing my exam. I don’t know what followed immediately. I partly regained my consciousness while I was taken to the nearby somaiya hospital. I wonder if this was the reason hospital was built near to our college. Still fighting hard to open my eyes n speak. It was after almost two n a half hours I returned to college at 2:35 hoping to give my exam (fearing whether college will allow me). Indeed at that moment I couldn’t think of anything else but I knew I have to somehow complete my exam. I can’t commemorate in what state of mind I was in.
I was too late. Exam was already over by the time I reached college. As soon as I entered college I could see all my classmates anxiously waiting my arrival. I entered principal’s office. I was denied completing the exam as it was an university exam. The answer sheet had already been sealed ready to be dispatched to the university. I implored before them but no avail. It took no time for all the ugly consequences of failing to complete my exam to take shape in front of my eyes. I was placed in TCS in seventh semester and they wanted us to maintain 60% for the final year. I had scored 59.9% in seventh semester. And desperately wished for not only passing out without any KT but also with a first class. The road ahead looked severely gloomy. I would loose my hard earned job. My career was at stake for which I was only responsible. Last night I’d slept only for 2 hours being the cause of this disaster. It was, indeed, a day on which fate had mischievously conspired against me to make me most miserable.
But god had planned something good. Principal and other staff members had to face the persuasion and angst of all my friends. They fought relentlessly with the examination in-charge and the principal to allow me complete my exam. I could see the cluster of almost 40 students howling and contending on behalf of this stupid and reckless guy. College management and staff had forgotten whom they were wrangling with. It was not an ordinary class in front of the staff. It was BE comps, the most notorious of all classes in the whole College during those times. College staff was fighting a loosing battle. Eventually they had to loose and I was allowed to write my exam in principal's office. Kudos to my BE comps class. It wouldn’t have been possible without them. The paper was unsealed before me and I was given just 40 minutes to finish it off coz van had to come at 3:30 for collecting the answer papers. Initially I was agitated. What the hell would I write in 40 mins? I realized beggars are not choosers. I said to myself, “something is better than nothing”. It didn’t matter; I started writing with a heavy heart, but with a glimpse of hope. The clock kept ticking in synchronous with my pounding heartbeat. It was 3:30 PM. I didn’t care a damn and continued scribbling my paper. Fortunately Van didn’t arrive and I continued racing my pen with a lightning speed sitting right in front of the principal at his table.
It was not yet over. The supervisor (choudhary sir) who was supposed to sign my supplement was in Kalina the time I started writing. He was apprised to come immediately to college in whatever state he was in to sign in my additional supplements. Here also I was lucky to get additional time. I heard of daange sir talking to principal, “Look sir, the entire class is waiting for him outside the office”. My heart was filled with tremendous gratitude deep inside for their manifestation of unprecedented support. Ultimately I returned back my paper at 4:30. I thanked my principal, daange sir and examination in-charge shetthe sir(once our maths prof) for their immense cooperation. Undeniably no other college would have done what my college did. I was aware college was running a huge risk.
Brimming with delight as I stepped out of the principal's office with a smiling face the most spectacular beauty awaited me. Almost entire class held off for me impatiently. Cheering me clamorously (“hey....purrr”). These watery eyes wanted to cry but happiness of finding all my friends in front of my eyes subdued the tears to flow down further. “Hats off to u guys”, I praised from deep inside of my soul. I was sorry they had to wait for three long hours for this stupid moron who doesn’t even know how to take care of his health. Bantering comments of these guys had to be heard. Oh!!!...Just can’t stop my emotions flow. The entire atmosphere was replete with joy and celebration. Hope my words could ever explain.
It was their sheer love and affection, their blessings that brought me luck. Certainly, the presence of the complete class made a huge impact on principal and the entire staff. It was an inimitable manifestation of an impressive solidarity. Indeed, I’ll always be indebted to all of them who stood by me in dire need. I was always proud to be part of such an exceptional class. I assured all them of taking a good care of my health henceforth. I learned truly, HEALTH IS WEALTH.
The recollection of this incident still fills me with a peculiar pleasure. Then I just laugh at myself…..
God bless them all.
This was just one of the numerous reasons why I love them so much…
I’ll always remember….It’s my B.E. Comps: The whole new realm of never failing friends.
It’s not only difficult but unimaginable to forget 1st of June 2005, Distributed computing exam (final semester of my fourth year engineering), wherein I fell down unconscious just after 50 minutes I started writing my exam. I don’t know what followed immediately. I partly regained my consciousness while I was taken to the nearby somaiya hospital. I wonder if this was the reason hospital was built near to our college. Still fighting hard to open my eyes n speak. It was after almost two n a half hours I returned to college at 2:35 hoping to give my exam (fearing whether college will allow me). Indeed at that moment I couldn’t think of anything else but I knew I have to somehow complete my exam. I can’t commemorate in what state of mind I was in.
I was too late. Exam was already over by the time I reached college. As soon as I entered college I could see all my classmates anxiously waiting my arrival. I entered principal’s office. I was denied completing the exam as it was an university exam. The answer sheet had already been sealed ready to be dispatched to the university. I implored before them but no avail. It took no time for all the ugly consequences of failing to complete my exam to take shape in front of my eyes. I was placed in TCS in seventh semester and they wanted us to maintain 60% for the final year. I had scored 59.9% in seventh semester. And desperately wished for not only passing out without any KT but also with a first class. The road ahead looked severely gloomy. I would loose my hard earned job. My career was at stake for which I was only responsible. Last night I’d slept only for 2 hours being the cause of this disaster. It was, indeed, a day on which fate had mischievously conspired against me to make me most miserable.
But god had planned something good. Principal and other staff members had to face the persuasion and angst of all my friends. They fought relentlessly with the examination in-charge and the principal to allow me complete my exam. I could see the cluster of almost 40 students howling and contending on behalf of this stupid and reckless guy. College management and staff had forgotten whom they were wrangling with. It was not an ordinary class in front of the staff. It was BE comps, the most notorious of all classes in the whole College during those times. College staff was fighting a loosing battle. Eventually they had to loose and I was allowed to write my exam in principal's office. Kudos to my BE comps class. It wouldn’t have been possible without them. The paper was unsealed before me and I was given just 40 minutes to finish it off coz van had to come at 3:30 for collecting the answer papers. Initially I was agitated. What the hell would I write in 40 mins? I realized beggars are not choosers. I said to myself, “something is better than nothing”. It didn’t matter; I started writing with a heavy heart, but with a glimpse of hope. The clock kept ticking in synchronous with my pounding heartbeat. It was 3:30 PM. I didn’t care a damn and continued scribbling my paper. Fortunately Van didn’t arrive and I continued racing my pen with a lightning speed sitting right in front of the principal at his table.
It was not yet over. The supervisor (choudhary sir) who was supposed to sign my supplement was in Kalina the time I started writing. He was apprised to come immediately to college in whatever state he was in to sign in my additional supplements. Here also I was lucky to get additional time. I heard of daange sir talking to principal, “Look sir, the entire class is waiting for him outside the office”. My heart was filled with tremendous gratitude deep inside for their manifestation of unprecedented support. Ultimately I returned back my paper at 4:30. I thanked my principal, daange sir and examination in-charge shetthe sir(once our maths prof) for their immense cooperation. Undeniably no other college would have done what my college did. I was aware college was running a huge risk.
Brimming with delight as I stepped out of the principal's office with a smiling face the most spectacular beauty awaited me. Almost entire class held off for me impatiently. Cheering me clamorously (“hey....purrr”). These watery eyes wanted to cry but happiness of finding all my friends in front of my eyes subdued the tears to flow down further. “Hats off to u guys”, I praised from deep inside of my soul. I was sorry they had to wait for three long hours for this stupid moron who doesn’t even know how to take care of his health. Bantering comments of these guys had to be heard. Oh!!!...Just can’t stop my emotions flow. The entire atmosphere was replete with joy and celebration. Hope my words could ever explain.
It was their sheer love and affection, their blessings that brought me luck. Certainly, the presence of the complete class made a huge impact on principal and the entire staff. It was an inimitable manifestation of an impressive solidarity. Indeed, I’ll always be indebted to all of them who stood by me in dire need. I was always proud to be part of such an exceptional class. I assured all them of taking a good care of my health henceforth. I learned truly, HEALTH IS WEALTH.
The recollection of this incident still fills me with a peculiar pleasure. Then I just laugh at myself…..
God bless them all.
This was just one of the numerous reasons why I love them so much…
I’ll always remember….It’s my B.E. Comps: The whole new realm of never failing friends.
Comments